Estate Planning Services
Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney & More.
Estate Planning Services in New Orleans and Metairie
Estate planning is an important process that involves organizing your assets and making legal and financial arrangements about how they will be distributed in the event of your incapaciy or after your death. Proper estate planning can help ensure your wishes are carried out, minimize taxes and legal fees, and provide for your loved ones. Proper estate planning can also provide peace of mind and ensure that your loved ones are cared for according to your wishes.
Estate planning services are important for many reasons and its significance extends beyond just the distribution of assets. Having a plan in place allows for your Estate Planning Attorney to take on the distribution of your estate in an organized manner, granting your loved ones the time and space to grieve their loss and move forward. It also adds a layer of protection for loved ones in that you can provide for their financial security, minimize family disputes and conflicts over inheritance, placing minor children or even pets in the hands of those you trust, minimizing tax burdens on family members, and more. Ultimately, proper estate planning services will allow you to leave a lasting legacy of your desire by maintaining control over important decisions regarding your estate.
Key components of estate planning include:
- Creating a will
- Establishing trusts
- Naming beneficiaries
- Durable power of attorney
- Healthcare proxy or Medical power of attorney
- Guardianship designation
- Minimizing estate taxes
- Funeral & end of life plans
- Digital estate planning
It is advisable to work with an experienced estate planning attorney or financial advisor to create a plan tailored to your unique circumstances and to keep your plan up to date as your life and financial situation change. If you do not have an estate plan in place, Call Carmen today and start planning ahead for your future. Contact us for a free consultation.
Estate Planning Tips
- Seek professional guidance with an Estate Planning Attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of estate planning and ensure your plan is legally sound.
- Don’t forget about digital assets such as online accounts and social media profiles.
- Organize your financial records in the event something should happen to you. Keep a list of assets, accounts, and important documents and ensure loved ones know where to find them.
- Clearly communicate your wishes both to your Estate Planning Attorney and your loved ones. Open discussion helps prevent disputes and misunderstandings in the future.
- Regularly update your Estate Plan.
- Create a will, even if you don’t think you need one! Consider a living will and healthcare proxy as well.
- Consider if a trust is right for you. They can help avoid probate and manage assets in a structured way.
Contact Liriano Law Firm with any questions you may have. We are ready to fight for you.
"*" indicates required fields